DOH-Collier Encourages a Healthy Holiday Season
December 22, 2020
Keep yourself, and your family, safe this year
Naples, Fla. - The Florida Department of Health in Collier County (DOH-Collier) encourages healthy holiday habits to help residents and visitors celebrate. The information below can help keep you, your family, and your community safe.
Mask Up Against COVID-19. While celebrating this holiday season, remember COVID-19 is still in our community.
It is important to avoid the following:Visiting the homes of others or hosting gatherings with those not in your immediate household, unless you can wear a mask or cloth face covering and socially distance.
It is important to avoid the following:
- Large gatherings; per the State Surgeon General’s Public Health Advisory avoid gatherings of 10 or larger.
- Sharing food, cups, forks, spoons, knives, and serving utensils.
- Crowded indoor events.
- Attending crowded parades, runs, or other events.
Ways to celebrate at home include:
- Have a small celebratory dinner with only the people who live in your household.
- Have a virtual dinner and share recipes with friends and family.
- Shop online rather than in person.
- Watch sports events, parades, and movies from home.
Brighten your holiday season by making health and safety a priority with these healthy holiday habits!
For more information regarding virus spreading risk at holiday celebrations, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays.html
For more information regarding COVID-19, visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.