DOH-Collier Encourages Healthy Habits
February 04, 2021
Ways to keep you healthy while celebrating the Super Bowl
Naples, Fla. — The Florida Department of Health in Collier County (DOH-Collier) encourages healthy habits to help residents and visitors celebrate the Super Bowl.
Many traditional Super Bowl activities can be high-risk for spreading viruses, including COVID-19. There are several safe ways to enjoy the big game. The healthy habits below can help keep you and your family safe.
Mask Up Against COVID-19. While watching the Super Bowl, it is important to remember COVID-19 is still in our community. Ways to watch the big game at home include:
- Have a small party with only the people who live in your household. Remember: students visiting from college and relatives from out of state or city, county, etc… are considered outside of your household.
- Have a virtual party with friends and family.
- Watch the big game from home.
- Start a group chat with friends and family to chat about the game.
It is important to avoid the following:
- Visiting the homes of others, unless you can wear a mask or cloth face covering and socially distance.
- Large gatherings; per the State Surgeon General’s Public Health Advisory avoid gatherings of 10 or larger.
- Sharing food, cups, forks, spoons, knives, and serving utensils.
- Crowded indoor events.
Catch the game, not COVID-19!For more information regarding virus spreading risk at small gatherings, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays/small-gatherings.html.
For more information regarding COVID-19, visit floridahealthcovid19.gov/.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.