COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATE: THIRD DOSE
August 13, 2021
At this time, those who are moderately to severely immunocompromised are eligible for a third dose of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Those who are eligible include:
- Those who are receiving active cancer treatment
- Organ transplant recipients who take medicine to suppress the immune system
- Stem cell transplant recipients in the last two years
- Advanced or untreated HIV
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other immunosuppressants
DOH-Collier as well as local pharmacies and physician offices can administer the third dose. To find a vaccine location near you, please visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/vaccines/vaccine-locator/ or https://www.vaccines.gov/.
It is anticipated that all Americans will be eligible for a third dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine beginning mid to late September.