To apply for a position at the Department of Health in Collier County, please visit PeopleFirst.Myflorida.com
- Click on ‘Create an Account’ and enter your personal information.
- Now create your profile to finish registering.
- Next step under Applicant - set up your Master State of Florida Application Form (only for 1st time users).
- Enter your personal and work history here to form a complete application.
- This information is stored in the People First System.
- People First will email you when a position is posted that matches your profile criteria
- Once you have registered in People First, you can view and apply to any vacancy by entering the position number, or searching by counties of interest. Your application is already in the system for you to send.
You may also fax your application to:
State of Florida, People 1st
Fax (888) 403-2110
Please apply no later than 11:59pm on the closing date.
If you need assistance with the on-line application process, please call People 1st at (877) 562-7287
NOTE: A background screening will be completed on all applicants selected for a position, and a drug test will be conducted on those applicants selected for positions designated as “safety sensitive” in accordance with department policies. All employees are required to participate in direct deposit, and will be required to provide their social security card before appointment date.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Successful candidates will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, eligible veterans and spouses of veterans will receive preference in employment for Career Service positions and are encouraged to apply. For applicants claiming Veterans’ Preference, please fax your supporting documentation to People First at (888)403-2110 by the closing date.
The Department of Health, Collier County is an EEO/AA employer and provider. If you need assistance or accommodation in order to participate in one of our programs or services, please call the Department of Health, Collier County Equal Opportunity Coordinator at (239) 316-5090, Fax (239) 417-6208. TDD services are also available by calling (239) 252-8801.