DOH-Collier Encourages Healthy Holiday Habits
November 23, 2020
Ways to keep you healthy during Thanksgiving
Naples, Fla. — The Florida Department of Health in Collier County (DOH-Collier) encourages healthy holiday habits to help residents and visitors celebrate.
Many traditional Thanksgiving activities can be high-risk for spreading viruses, including COVID-19. There are several safe ways to celebrate Thanksgiving. The healthy holiday habits below can help keep you and your family safe.Mask Up Against COVID-19. While celebrating Thanksgiving, it is important to remember COVID-19 is still in our community. Ways to celebrate Thanksgiving at home include:
- Have a small dinner with only the people who live in your household. Remember: students visiting from college and relatives from out of state or city, county, etc… are considered outside of your household.
- Have a virtual dinner and share recipes with friends and family.
- Shop online rather than in person.
- Watch sports events, parades, and movies from home.
- Visiting the homes of others, unless you can wear a mask or cloth face covering and socially distance
- Large gatherings; per the State Surgeon General’s Public Health Advisory avoid gatherings of 10 or larger.
- Sharing food, cups, forks, spoons, knives, and serving utensils.
- Crowded indoor events.
- Attending crowded parades, runs, or other events.
Brighten your holiday season by making health and safety a priority!
For more information regarding virus spreading risk at holiday celebrations, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays.html.
For more information regarding COVID-19, visit floridahealthcovid19.gov/.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.