Demand for smoke-free housing is increasing statewide, and in southwest Florida, the multi-unit housing market has not been able to keep up. More than 82 percent of Floridians are non-smokers; and people who do identify themselves as smokers often do not permit smoking in their home1. In Collier County, the smoking rate is even lower than the State average at 13.9 percent1, yet smoke-free living options remain scarce for people who want, or need, to live in a smoke-free environment.
- Put Safety First During Independence Day Celebrations
- Exercise Caution During Summer Storms
- Florida Residents Encouraged to Enjoy the Great Outdoors In The Sunshine State
- Health Care Professionals Applaud Governor's "Keep Florida Working" Budget
- Promoting Heat Safety During Summer Months
- Cutting-Edge Hepatitis Surveillance Tools Enhance Reporting in Florida
Summer has arrived and brought its customary heat and humidity back to Florida. As temperatures climb the Florida Department of Health encourages safe habits to prevent against heat-related illness.More Information
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals