Public Health Information
- Collier County Health Services and Resources
- DOH in Collier County Biannual Report
- DOH in Collier County Community Health Improvement Plan Annual Progress Report
- DOH in Collier County Strategic Plan
- DOH in Collier County Strategic Plan Annual Progress Report
- DOH in Collier County E-News
- DOH in Collier County Health Ranking
- Florida CHARTS
- Healthy Collier Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
- Subscribe to Our E-Newsletter
DOH in Collier County Health Ranking
County Health Rankings Report
In 2019, Collier County ranked the 2nd healthiest county in the state of Florida in which to live, learn, work, and play. Conducted by the University of Wisconsin, and funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the County Health Rankings are based on a model of population health that emphasizes the many factors that, if improved, can help make communities healthier places. Collier County has ranked in the top four every year in the eight years since the County Health Rankings began.
A community's health status is more than just what happens in the doctor's office, but is also dependent on crime, education, employment and poverty rates. In addition, when people to choose healthy behaviors such as exercising, eating healthy, driving safely, avoiding use of tobacco and drinking responsibly, they contribute to the overall health of a community. Read the study here if you would like additional information. The details are interesting.
The Department of Health in Collier County works with community leaders throughout the year to collaborate on areas where we need improvement as well as promote and sustain where we currently excel.