Public Health Information
- Community Themes & Strengths and Forces of Change Assessment
- DOH in Collier County Biannual Report
- DOH in Collier County Community Health Assessment
- DOH in Collier County Community Health Improvement Plan
- DOH in Collier County Comprehensive Health Status Assessment
- DOH in Collier County Health Profile 2014
- DOH in Collier County E-News
- DOH in Collier County Health Ranking
- Florida CHARTS
- Local Public Health System Assessment
- Subscribe to Our E-Newsletter
DOH in Collier County Health Ranking
County Health Rankings Report
In 2017, Collier County ranked the 2nd healthiest county in the state of Florida in which to live, learn, work, and play. Conducted by the University of Wisconsin, and funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the County Health Rankings are based on a model of population health that emphasizes the many factors that, if improved, can help make communities healthier places. Collier County has ranked in the top four every year in the eight years since the County Health Rankings began.
A community's health status is more than just what happens in the doctor's office, but is also dependent on crime, education, employment and poverty rates. In addition, when people to choose healthy behaviors such as exercising, eating healthy, driving safely, avoiding use of tobacco and drinking responsibly, they contribute to the overall health of a community. Read the study here if you would like additional information. The details are interesting.
The Department of Health in Collier County works with community leaders throughout the year to collaborate on areas where we need improvement as well as promote and sustain where we currently excel.
DOH in Collier County Biannual Report
Public health protects all of us through programs such as communicable disease control, epidemiology, immunizations and health education. Please read the DOH-Collier's Biannual Report. This report provides a brief overview of the services we provided in 2015 and 2016 in our efforts to preserve and promote public health in our county.