Tattooing & Body Art
3339 Tamiami Trail East
Bldg H Ste. 302
Naples, FL 34112
- Body Piercing
- Section 381.0075, Florida Statutes - Body Piercing
- Sections 381.00771-381.00791, Florida Statutes, The Practice of Tattooing
- Chapter 64E-19, Florida Administrative Code - Body Piercing
- Chapter 64E-28, Florida Administrative Code - Tattooing
- Black Henna Tattoo Information
- Body Piercing FAQs
- Body Piercing Trainings
- Training, Credentials & Knowledge for Body Piercers
- Body Piercing Inspection Results
- Tattoo Inspection Reports
All tattoo artists and establishments, both conventional and cosmetic, shall be permitted through the local County Health Department. The permitting of these facilities is done to ensure safe tattoo practices, proper training of artists and clean, sterile environments.
In addition to Tattoo Establishments, our office also permits and inspects body piercing salons. Body piercing, a form of body art, is the act of penetrating the skin to make, generally permanent in nature, a hole, mark, or scar. It does not include the use of mechanized, pre-sterilized ear-piercing system that penetrates the outer perimeter or lobe of the ear or both.
8am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Permitting and Inspection
To obtain a permit, please select and complete the application that applies to you:
- Application for Biomedical Waste Generator or Exemption
- Tattoo Artist Licensure
- Tattoo Establishment Licensure
- Application for Body Piercing Salon License
- Tattoo Artist Education
- Tattoo Artist Licensure Requirements
- Tattoo Establishment Licensure Requirements
The applications must be filled out completely and returned to the Florida Department of Health in Collier County, Environmental Health & Engineering Division, along with the appropriate fees (fees are provided in the "Instructions" section of each application). *Please note that the Application for Tattoo Artist License requires a copy of a government-issued photo identification and a copy of the certificate of training. Approved courses can be found using the link to the right.
Once we have received the application and payment, one of our Environmental Specialists will contact you to schedule an inspection. For more detailed information concerning the Tattoo program, please call or e-mail (below).
**All tattoo establishments must also obtain a Biomedical Waste permit from our department (see above).
Please note: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public record request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Services Not Covered
Complaints should be directed to the appropriate agency or agencies listed above.