To report a TB case or suspect:
- Tuberculosis Screening and IGRA TB blood testing
- TB Clearance for school and employment
- Chest x-ray referrals
- Assessment of tuberculosis risk factors and symptoms
- Assessment, evaluation and diagnosis of Tuberculosis (TB)
- Treatment of active TB disease
- Treatment of latent TB infection (LTBI)
- Referrals for TB infection treatment
- Educational Presentations
- Consultation services
8am - 4pm Monday - Friday (Naples)
8am - 4pm Monday - Friday (Immokalee)
Appointment or Walk-In
Telephone to Schedule Appointment
Children and adults
Fees or Payment
- Nursing assessment $40.00 plus the cost of an IGRA TB blood test
- Chest x-ray referrals: Nursing assessment $40.00 plus cost of chest x-ray
- DOH-Collier will bill Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances for covered services
- TB medications are provided by the TB Program free of charge
- DOH-Collier will work with all clients in need of TB treatment to accommodate financial needs
The following provides guidance for referral of patients to the Florida Department of Health in Collier County’s (DOH-Collier) TB program based on the Florida System of TB Care strategies for the control and prevention of TB in Florida.
- Identify and treat until completion all persons who have active TB disease
- Perform contact investigation around potentially infectious TB cases, including the initiation and completion of treatment for contacts with LTBI.
- Provide targeted testing and complete treatment for LTBI among populations at high risk for LTBI and/or progression to active TB once infected.
Persons with suspected or confirmed TB disease are to be reported to the DOH-Collier by the next business day at 239-252-2549 or 239-252-6007, weekends and after hours 239-293-3010 in accordance with Florida Statutes 381.0031 and 392.53 and Rule 64D-3, Florida Administrative Code (FAC). A referral form is not required for reporting of suspect or confirmed TB cases
Latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI) Referrals
- A paper referral is not required.
- Call the DOH Collier TB Program to schedule an appointment or to obtain more information.
- An IGRA TB blood test is preferred for TB screening. Both Quest and LabCorp perform IGRAs.
- If a chest x-ray was performed the patient should bring a copy of their chest x-ray report/TB screening to their appointment or the provider may fax a copy to DOH-Collier at 239-252-8808 attention Loty or Ann.
- DOH-Collier will evaluate the patient and provide LTBI treatment as appropriate.
- DOH-Collier will provide written follow-up to the provider of the outcome of the LTBI evaluation.
Telephone to Schedule Appointment or for More Information
Loty Fall, ARNP
Ann O'Hara, MSN, RN, PHNA-BC Nursing Program Specialist