Public Health Information
- Collier County Health Services and Resources
- DOH in Collier County Biannual Report
- DOH in Collier County Health Equity Plan
- DOH in Collier County Strategic Plan
- DOH in Collier County Strategic Plan Annual Progress Report
- DOH in Collier County Workforce Development Plan
- DOH in Collier County E-News
- DOH in Collier County Health Ranking
- Florida CHARTS
- Healthy Collier CHIP Annual Progress Report
- Healthy Collier Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
- Subscribe to Our E-Newsletter
DOH in Collier County Health Ranking
County Health Rankings and Roadmaps Report
In 2022, Collier County ranked the 2nd healthiest county in the state of Florida for the 9th year in row. Conducted by the University of Wisconsin, and funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps are based on a model of population health that emphasizes the many factors that contribute to the overall health of a community. Collier County consistently ranks in the top five in the following categories: Length of Life, Quality of Life, and Health Behaviors.
A community's health status is more than just what happens in the doctor's office, but is also dependent on crime, education, employment and poverty rates. In addition, when people to choose healthy behaviors such as exercising, eating healthy, driving safely, avoiding use of tobacco and drinking responsibly, they contribute to the overall health of a community. For additional information, visit the County Health Rankings and Roadmaps website. The details are interesting.
The Florida Department of Health in Collier County works with community leaders throughout the year to collaborate on areas where we need improvement and to promote and sustain where we currently excel.